TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and conditions for all self-paced online courses
TERMS & CONDITIONS
In these Terms and Conditions:
- Course means a self-paced online short course provided by Social Media College and excluded scheduled virtual workshops;
- Course Fee refers to the listed price (inclusive of GST) of a Course;
- Us and We mean Connected Colleges Pty Ltd trading as Social Media College Pty Ltd; and
- You means a student of Social Media College.
- govern the agreement between you and Social Media College in relation to your enrolment in a Course provided by Social Media College; and
- set out the terms upon which Social Media College will provide you with an extension, transfer or refund in relation to a Course.
We may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time by reviewing, revising or amending them. If we change these Terms and Conditions, we will provide you with notice of the change and access to the changed Terms and Conditions.
You agree to pay the fees including GST for the relevant Course (Course Fee) using the payment method you select. You accept that you are required to pay the full amount of the Course Fee even if you do not complete the Course.
If you are under 18:
- You represent and agree that you possess the legal consent of your parent or guardian to enrol in a Course provided by Social Media College; and
- You accept that your parent/guardian is responsible for the payment of the Course Fee.
Enrolment and Course Schedule
Course enrolment is complete when you have made a specified and agreed upon payment (Course Enrolment).
Course commencement is effective from the date you first login to the Course (Course Commencement).
The duration of the Course is as stated on the Social Media College course page, welcome letter and/or advised at time of enrolment (Course Completion Date).
In the event that you do not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date, you may apply for an extension as detailed below. Otherwise, your enrolment will be cancelled by Social Media College.
All Course Materials are supplied electronically unless otherwise stated in the Course description. You can access them via the Social Media College Learning Management System (LMS). Login details will be provided upon enrolment.
The Social Media College LMS is available 24 hours per day 7 days per week except during occasional periods of scheduled maintenance. In the event that the Social Media College LMS becomes unavailable, Course Materials will be delivered to you by Social Media College using another means of delivery.
It is your responsibility to ensure you complete the Course by the Course Completion Date.
Social Media College may grant an extension of one month (up to a maximum of three months) where:
- The student completes the Course extension request form outlining why a Course extension is required;
- The student provides sufficient evidentiary proof upon request from Social Media College;
- The extension is approved by the Social Media College; and
- The student completes a one-on-one mentor session with the Course trainer.
If you wish to transfer into another Social Media College Course, you may do so free of charge. The following conditions apply:
- You must apply for a transfer within seven (7) days of Course Commencement;
- You may transfer into a Course of the same level and Course Fee value or pay the difference between the Course Fee for the earlier and Course;
- Transfers must be approved by Social Media College; and
- You may transfer from a Course on one occasion only.
The Course is for personal use only. You must not transfer your enrolment to someone else and you are solely responsible for all use associated with your account (regardless of whether you have authorised access). You must notify Social Media College immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use or access of your account.
The following terms are applicable when you enrol in a Course and pay Social Media College directly.
Courses must be paid in full at the time of enrolment unless approval is granted by Social Media College for a payment plan. The Course Fee is in Australian dollars and inclusive of GST. We reserve the right to change a Course Fee at any time.
To confirm enrolment in a Course you must pay Course Fee in full or a portion of the Course Fee if a payment plan is approved.
You may pay the Course Fee using a MasterCard, Visa, or American Express via the Social Media College payment gateway, or by bank transfer. Where a credit card is used, Social Media College reserves the right to charge a surcharge.
If the credit or debit card is not issued in your name, you must have the permission of the cardholder to use their card to pay the Course Fee.
When your payment is confirmed, the Course Fee (minus any discounts or credit applied), will be deducted from your credit or debit card and a tax invoice will be emailed to your nominated email address.
Social Media College will provide confirmation of your Course enrolment within 24 hours upon receipt of your payment in full or a portion of your payment plan.
SMC will issue a tax invoice within 24 hours upon receipt of your payment in full.
If you enrol directly with Social Media College on using a payment plan, no certificate of completion will be issued until you have provided full payment of the Course Fee.
If a scheduled payment is rejected under a payment plan, Social Media College reserves the right to deduct additional dishonour fees from your account.
Social Media College reserves the right to cancel your enrolment and/or withhold your certificate of completion if full payment is not made.
Cooling Off Period and Course Cancellations
There is a cooling off period of 3 calendar days from the day you enrolled (Cooling Off Period). If you cancel within the Cooling Off Period then you will receive a full refund of the Course Fee.
You will not be eligible for a refund within the Cooling Off Period if you have downloaded, viewed or accessed more than 10% of the content, or accessed and completed any assessment within the Course.
Money Back Guarantee
Social Media College provide high quality, practical courses and we’re very confident in their ability to improve your career and/or business’ performance. We invest a huge amount into developing the courses in partnership with leading industry experts. However, if you do not invest the time and energy and take the necessary action, you will not see the results, so we expect our students to work hard and persevere through challenges they encounter.
However, if you’re not completely satisfied with your Course, we offer a Money Back Guarantee. In order to be eligible for the Money Back Guarantee you’ll need to:
- commence the Course;
- notify us in writing within 60 days of Course Commencement that you would like a refund;
- provide proof that you have completed at least 50% of the Course, including all activities and assessments (specific to each Course);
- complete a detailed survey about what aspects of the Course you were not satisfied with and what we could do to improve our course; and
- complete a 15-minute, one-on-one consultation with one of our mentors.
Once you have submitted the materials and are deemed eligible, all refunds are within Social Media College’s sole discretion as to whether to grant or deny the refund request.
We will not provide a refund more than 60 days following the date of Enrolment. After day 60, all payments are non-refundable and you are responsible for full payment of the fees for the program regardless of whether you complete the Course.
We understand that sometimes unexpected events occur that prevent our students from completing the remainder of the course, such as a family or medical emergency.
We will consider requests for course transfers/refunds in extenuating circumstances on a case-by-case basis. We may request sufficient evidentiary proof to verify your request.
In its sole discretion, Social Media College may decide the appropriate resolution, such as:
- a partial or full refund of the Course Fees;
- transfer to another Course; and/or
- transfer to a future intake of the same Course.
Social Media College Responsibilities
Social Media College has a responsibility to you to provide you with a Course that will assist you as much as possible to improve your skills and advance your career.
Social Media College agrees to provide the following:
- a tax invoice;
- login details to access online Course Materials;
- access to a Facebook Group where you can interact and engage with other students;
- feedback on submitted assessment tasks where applicable; and
- upon satisfactory completion of the course, issue a certificate of completion;
In order to achieve results from our courses, we need you to do the work and take the actions we recommend. We expect you to put in the effort and be a serious student.
As a Social Media College student, you agree to:
- accept these Terms and Conditions;
- submit an enrolment form and pay the Course Fee (or deposit where applicable);
- ensure that all information provided by you to Social Media College is accurate;
- notify Social Media College of any contact changes (email, telephone, address etc);
- advise Social Media College of any difficulties or problems experienced by you with Social Media College staff, procedures or training as soon as possible or within a reasonable time of an event or incident occurring;
- participate in your Course cooperatively and courteously and not disrupt other students;
- complete any Course activities and assessments;
- speak directly with your Course trainers for all matters relating to Course, Course Materials, activities and assessments;
- take responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output; and
- not submit or claim as your own, work derived from other sources or work completed by another person.
Courses undertaken directly with Social Media College require a minimum level of accessibility, including:
- A stable internet connection with speeds capable of conducting real-time online video conferencing;
- A laptop or desktop computer;
- Access to presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint or Google Slides; and
- The latest version of Zoom teleconferencing software; and
- The latest version of WhatsApp messaging apps.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the minimum accessibility requirements before Course Commencement.
Intellectual property within the Course Materials, logos and other information available on the Social Media College website is owned by Social Media College and subject to copyright. You may not copy, reproduce, modify or adapt any or all of the Course Materials and other items made available to you by Social Media College without the prior written consent of Social Media College.
Social Media College may include hyperlinks to 3rd party content or websites in the Course Materials to share additional content of interest on publicly accessible websites. In doing so, SMC do not intend to imply or create any endorsement, support or association with that 3rd party or their website, nor do we take responsibility for their content, or any privacy law compliance.
You must provide Social Media College with an email address which you use and check regularly. You agree that this will be the address used for all communications with Social Media College and that all notices and other information regarding the Course, the Social Media College website and other relevant information will be communicated to you by means of the email address provided. You must inform Social Media College as soon as possible of any change to your email address.
Your access to the Social Media College LMS and Course Materials will terminate within six months of your enrolment unless extended by Social Media College as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
Social Media College may terminate your access to the Course Materials if, in its reasonable opinion, you breach any of these Terms and Conditions, and if the breach can be remedied and Social Media College is notified of the breach within 7 days, access to Course Materials will not be terminated.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
Social Media College does not claim, represent or warrant that a Course or Course Materials are suitable for your purposes or are error free. The Courses and Course Materials are intended to be a learning aid only and are not intended to be a substitute for your own study and completion of activities and assessments.
All content provided by Social Media College, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Social Media College, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis.
To the extent permitted by law, Social Media College:
- excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law) including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy;
- does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of any aspect of the Courses or Course Materials;
- while endeavouring to ensure that all content provided in the Course is correct at the time of publication, does not accept responsibility for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the Course and Course Materials; and
- does not warrant that Courses will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Course will be free of viruses or bugs.
These Terms and Conditions:
- replace all previous representations, arrangements, understanding and agreements between you and Social Media College;
- apply to any student who has purchased the Course through an authorised reseller of Social Media College;
- consist of the entire agreement between you and Social Media College; and
- are governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia.
You and Social Media College agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
If any of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which they are intended to be effective, then, to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
You may not transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any other person. Social Media College may transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions to another business.
Vouchers, Discount Codes & Promotions
Social Media College reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions of a promotion at any time and change the validity of voucher codes at any time in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
The requirements of any promotion must be fulfilled within the specified expiry date otherwise Social Media College reserves the right to withhold or withdraw a voucher, discount or promotion.
Payments processed during a promotional period, with a discount code or a voucher, are non-refundable and may only be transferable to appropriate course credits or alternatives upon the written approval of Social Media College’s management.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, please contact Social Media College:
Connected Colleges Pty Ltd trading as Social Media College
ABN 42 602 508 798
Level 21, 60 Margaret St
Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia
Tel: 02 8001 6287
LEARN how to earn AT LEAST $10,000 per month within 3 months... using social media marketing
Actionable strategies that will accelerate your business and career