Every blogger has been there. You write an amazing post filled to the brim with juicy content, eye-catching visuals and you just know it will help so many people. You hit “publish” and wait…and wait…and wait.
Sound familiar? The silver lining is that there’s a way to turn it around and get your post the attention it deserves.
Make sure you’ve taken SEO into account—having strong SEO is what makes your post easily searchable and is the key factor in making or breaking a post. The key factors to keep in mind include:
- Catchy title that is clear and to the point
- Making sure the post is full of keywords
- Name all images and enter the alt-text for the Google crawlers
- Tag your post with “Googlable” terms
- Post your blog to all social media
If you don’t use WordPress and need some help, contact us and we will assist you in finding the right tools to make your blog pop.
Social sharing is key! Learn it, use it, love it. Social media is how things go viral nowadays and you need to embrace it. In addition to sharing your links, we also recommend you do the following:
- Insert a plug-in like ShareThis! and Disqus so that blog readers can easily spread the word
- Take advantage of the goodness that is Click-to-Tweet and make it easy on your readers—this plug-in allows you to create custom tweets so all they have to do is literally click. to. tweet.
- Create high quality, vertical images with a hovering “Pin It” button to make things simple as ever for your audience
Email marketing newsletters are incredibly powerful as it allows you to spread the news with you audience in a highly personalised manner. Sign-up with something that’s free for your first few hundred subscribers (like MailChimp or Campaign Monitor) and send out an update to your list each time a new, engaging and value adding post is published.
Tip: Make sure to create a catchy subject line so they’re aching to read the rest.
We look forward to hearing about your success! For more information or to learn more about digital and social media marketing, contact Social Media College today.