Connected Colleges PTY LTD trading as Social Media College
ABN 42 602 508 798
This document sets out the approach which Connected Colleges Pty Ltd trading as Social Media College (Social Media College) will take in relation to the treatment of Personal Information. It includes information on how Social Media College collects, uses, discloses and keeps secure, individuals’ personal information. It also covers how Social Media College makes the personal information it holds available for access to and correction by the individual.
This policy is a public document and has been prepared in light of APP 1, Open and transparent management of Personal Information.
Social Media College will only collect Personal Information where the information is necessary for Social Media College to perform one or more of its functions or activities. In this context, “collect” means gather, acquire or obtain by any means, information in circumstances where the individual is identifiable or identified.
Social Media College collects Personal Information primarily to supply employees of member organisations and individuals who obtain Social Media College products and services directly from Social Media College with information and details of its products and services. Social Media College also collects and uses Personal Information for secondary purposes including:
- provision of products and services;
- accounting purposes; and
- business planning and product development.
Social Media College collects Personal Information in a number of different ways including:
- forms (both paper and online, electronic forms);
- face to face meetings;
- communications via telephone, email or facsimile;
- interaction with our websites; and
- via our social media accounts.
Social Media College will notify individuals (including, but not limited to, our customers) of the matters listed below at the time of collecting any Personal Information:
- the main reason that we are collecting Personal Information (this reason will be the Primary Purpose);
- other related Uses or Disclosures that we may make of the Personal Information (Secondary Purposes);
- our identity and how individuals can contact us, if this is not obvious;
- that individuals can access the Personal Information that Social Media College holds about them;
- that individuals should contact Social Media College (even if they are not a member or an employee of a member) if they wish to access or correct Personal Information collected by us or have any concerns in relation to Personal Information;
- the organisations or types of organisations to whom we usually Disclose the Personal Information;
- where applicable, any law that requires the Personal Information to be collected; and
- the consequences (if any) for the individual if all or part of the Personal Information is not provided to Social Media College.
Where it is not practicable for Social Media College to notify individuals of all of the Collection Information before the collection of Personal Information, Social Media College will ensure that individuals are notified of the Collection Information as soon as possible after the collection. Social Media College will provide “post collection notification” in those circumstances where it is not practicable to notify individuals about the collection of their personal information before it is collected.
- Social Media College will not collect Sensitive Information from individuals except with express consent from the individual and only where it is necessary for Social Media College to collect such information for an activity or function.
- Social Media College will not collect Personal Information secretly or in an underhanded way.
- Social Media College will take steps to ensure that individuals on purchased lists are or have been notified of the information as outlined at 1.4.
Social Media College will obtain an individual’s consent for Use of non-sensitive Personal Information for Secondary Purposes at the time of collection, unless the Use is a related Secondary Purpose which would be within the relevant individual’s Reasonable Expectations.
Social Media College uses Personal Information primarily for the purposes listed in 1.2 above.
If Social Media College relies on the Direct Marketing exception to Direct Market to individuals it will ensure that:
- individuals are clearly notified of their right to Opt Out from further Direct Marketing; and
- if the individual Opts Out of all Direct Marketing the Opt Out will be respected by Social Media College and implemented free of charge.
Social Media College will not use Sensitive Information for Direct Marketing.
Social Media College may use Personal Information to avoid an imminent threat to a person’s life or to public safety. It may also use Personal Information for reasons related to law enforcement or internal investigations into unlawful activities.
Social Media College will not use Personal Information without taking reasonable steps to ensure that the information is accurate, complete and up to date.
Social Media College will not attempt to match de-identified or anonymous data collected through surveys or such online devices as “cookies”, with information identifying an individual, without the consent of the relevant individual.
Social Media College may Disclose Personal Information to related or unrelated third parties if consent has been obtained from the individual.
Social Media College may Disclose Personal Information to unrelated third parties to enable outsourcing of functions where that Disclosure or Use is for a related Secondary Purpose and has been notified to individuals or where such Disclosure is within the individual’s Reasonable Expectations.
Social Media College will take reasonable steps to ensure that its contracts with third parties include requirements for third parties to comply with the Use and Disclosure requirements of the Privacy Act.
In the rare event that Social Media College will not attempt to match de-identified or anonymous data collected through surveys or such online devices as “cookies”, with information identifying an individual, without the consent of the relevant individual.
Social Media College is required to disclose Personal Information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies or external advisors Social Media College will only do so in accordance with the Privacy Act or any other relevant Australian legislation.
Social Media College may Disclose Personal Information to avoid an imminent threat to a person’s life or to public safety.
If a Disclosure is not for a Primary Purpose; is not for a related Secondary Purpose; or upfront consent has not been obtained, Social Media College will not Disclose Personal Information otherwise than in accordance with the exceptions set out at 3.1 to 3.6 above.
Social Media College does not generally share its customer lists on a commercial basis with third parties but if it did, it would only do so if we had the appropriate consent of the individual involved.
Social Media College will review, on a regular and ongoing basis, its collection and storage practices to ascertain how improvements to accuracy can be achieved.
Social Media College will take steps to destroy or de-identify Personal Information after as short a time as possible and after a maximum of seven years, unless the law requires otherwise.
Social Media College requires employees and contractors to perform their duties in a manner that is consistent with Social Media College’s legal responsibilities in relation to privacy.
Social Media College will take all reasonable steps to ensure that paper and electronic records containing Personal Information are stored in facilities that are only accessible by people within Social Media College who have a genuine “need to know” as well as “right to know”.
Social Media College will review, on a regular and ongoing basis, its information security practices to ascertain how ongoing responsibilities can be achieved and maintained.
Access and Correction
Social Media College will allow its records containing Personal Information to be accessed by the individual concerned in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Social Media College will correct its records containing Personal Information as soon as practically possible, at the request of the individual concerned in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Individuals wishing to lodge a request to access and/or correct their Personal Information should do so by contacting Social Media College, as per the details on the back of this document.
Social Media College will not normally charge a fee for processing an access request unless the request is complex or is resource intensive.
Contact with Social Media College via phone or web inquiry will be the first point of contact for inquiries about privacy issues.
Any formal privacy related complaints should be directed in writing to Social Media College at Level 21, 60 Margaret St Sydney NSW 200.
Social Media College will endeavour to manage any privacy related complaint efficiently and in a timely manner.
Social Media College will not make it mandatory for visitors to its web sites to provide Personal Information unless such Personal Information is required to answer an inquiry or provide a service. Social Media College may however request visitors to provide Personal Information voluntarily to Social Media College (for example, as part of a competition or questionnaire).
Social Media College will allow its customers to transact with it anonymously wherever that is reasonable and practicable.
Transferring personal information overseas
Social Media College generally does not send information overseas.
If Personal Information must be sent by Social Media College overseas for sound business reasons, Social Media College will require the overseas organisation receiving the information to provide a binding undertaking that it will handle that information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles, preferably as part of the services contract.
- Collection Information means the information outlined in 1.5 notified to individuals prior to, or as soon as practical after, the collection of their Personal Information.
- Direct Marketing means the marketing of goods or services through means of communication including written, verbal or electronic means. The goods or services which are marketed may be those of Social Media College or a Related Body Corporate or those of an independent third-party organisation.
- Disclosure generally means the release of information outside Social Media College, including under a contract to carry out an “outsourced function”.
- Health Information means information or an opinion about:
- the health or a disability (at any time) of an individual;
- an individual’s expressed wishes about the future provision of health services to him or her;
- a health service provided or to be provided to an individual; that is also personal information;
- other personal information collected to provide or in providing a health service;
- other personal information about an individual collected in connection with the donation; or
- intended donation by the individual of his or her body parts or body substances.
- Opt-out means an individual’s expressed request not to receive further Direct Marketing.
- Social Media College means Connected Colleges Pty Ltd trading as Social Media College.
- Personal Information means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
- Primary Purpose is the dominant or fundamental reason for information being collected in a particular transaction.
- Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended from time to time.
- Reasonable Expectation means a reasonable individual’s expectation that their personal information might be Used or Disclosed for the particular purpose.
- Sensitive Information means:
- information or an opinion about an Individual’s:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- membership of a political association;
- religious beliefs or affiliations;
- philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a professional or trade association;
- membership of a trade union;
- sexual preferences or practices; or
- criminal record; that is also personal information;
- Health Information about an individual; or
- Use means the handling of Personal Information within Social Media College.
Contacting Social Media College
In these Terms and Conditions:
- Course means a self-paced online short course provided by Social Media College and excluded scheduled virtual workshops;
- Course Fee refers to the listed price (inclusive of GST) of a Course;
- Us and We mean Connected Colleges Pty Ltd trading as Social Media College Pty Ltd; and
- You means a student of Social Media College.
- govern the agreement between you and Social Media College in relation to your enrolment in a Course provided by Social Media College; and
- set out the terms upon which Social Media College will provide you with an extension, transfer or refund in relation to a Course.
We may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time by reviewing, revising or amending them. If we change these Terms and Conditions, we will provide you with notice of the change and access to the changed Terms and Conditions.
You agree to pay the fees including GST for the relevant Course (Course Fee) using the payment method you select. You accept that you are required to pay the full amount of the Course Fee even if you do not complete the Course.
If you are under 18:
- You represent and agree that you possess the legal consent of your parent or guardian to enrol in a Course provided by Social Media College; and
- You accept that your parent/guardian is responsible for the payment of the Course Fee.
Enrolment and Course Schedule
Course enrolment is complete when you have made a specified and agreed upon payment (Course Enrolment).
Course commencement is effective from the date you first login to the Course (Course Commencement).
The duration of the Course is as stated on the Social Media College course page, welcome letter and/or advised at time of enrolment (Course Completion Date).
In the event that you do not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date, you may apply for an extension as detailed below. Otherwise, your enrolment will be cancelled by Social Media College.
All Course Materials are supplied electronically unless otherwise stated in the Course description. You can access them via the Social Media College Learning Management System (LMS). Login details will be provided upon enrolment.
The Social Media College LMS is available 24 hours per day 7 days per week except during occasional periods of scheduled maintenance. In the event that the Social Media College LMS becomes unavailable, Course Materials will be delivered to you by Social Media College using another means of delivery.
It is your responsibility to ensure you complete the Course by the Course Completion Date.
Social Media College may grant an extension of one month (up to a maximum of three months) where:
- The student completes the Course extension request form outlining why a Course extension is required;
- The student provides sufficient evidentiary proof upon request from Social Media College;
- The extension is approved by the Social Media College; and
- The student completes a one-on-one mentor session with the Course trainer.
If you wish to transfer into another Social Media College Course, you may do so free of charge. The following conditions apply:
- You must apply for a transfer within seven (7) days of Course Commencement;
- You may transfer into a Course of the same level and Course Fee value or pay the difference between the Course Fee for the earlier and Course;
- Transfers must be approved by Social Media College; and
- You may transfer from a Course on one occasion only.
The Course is for personal use only. You must not transfer your enrolment to someone else and you are solely responsible for all use associated with your account (regardless of whether you have authorised access). You must notify Social Media College immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use or access of your account.
The following terms are applicable when you enrol in a Course and pay Social Media College directly.
Courses must be paid in full at the time of enrolment unless approval is granted by Social Media College for a payment plan. The Course Fee is in Australian dollars and inclusive of GST. We reserve the right to change a Course Fee at any time.
To confirm enrolment in a Course you must pay Course Fee in full or a portion of the Course Fee if a payment plan is approved.
You may pay the Course Fee using a MasterCard, Visa, or American Express via the Social Media College payment gateway, or by bank transfer. Where a credit card is used, Social Media College reserves the right to charge a surcharge.
If the credit or debit card is not issued in your name, you must have the permission of the cardholder to use their card to pay the Course Fee.
When your payment is confirmed, the Course Fee (minus any discounts or credit applied), will be deducted from your credit or debit card and a tax invoice will be emailed to your nominated email address.
Social Media College will provide confirmation of your Course enrolment within 24 hours upon receipt of your payment in full or a portion of your payment plan.
SMC will issue a tax invoice within 24 hours upon receipt of your payment in full.
If you enrol directly with Social Media College on using a payment plan, no certificate of completion will be issued until you have provided full payment of the Course Fee.
If a scheduled payment is rejected under a payment plan, Social Media College reserves the right to deduct additional dishonour fees from your account.
Social Media College reserves the right to cancel your enrolment and/or withhold your certificate of completion if full payment is not made.
Cooling Off Period and Course Cancellations
There is a cooling off period of 3 calendar days from the day you enrolled (Cooling Off Period). If you cancel within the Cooling Off Period then you will receive a full refund of the Course Fee.
You will not be eligible for a refund within the Cooling Off Period if you have downloaded, viewed or accessed more than 10% of the content, or accessed and completed any assessment within the Course.
Money Back Guarantee
Social Media College provide high quality, practical courses and we’re very confident in their ability to improve your career and/or business’ performance. We invest a huge amount into developing the courses in partnership with leading industry experts. However, if you do not invest the time and energy and take the necessary action, you will not see the results, so we expect our students to work hard and persevere through challenges they encounter.
However, if you’re not completely satisfied with your Course, we offer a Money Back Guarantee. In order to be eligible for the Money Back Guarantee you’ll need to:
- commence the Course;
- notify us in writing within 60 days of Course Commencement that you would like a refund;
- provide proof that you have completed at least 50% of the Course, including all activities and assessments (specific to each Course);
- complete a detailed survey about what aspects of the Course you were not satisfied with and what we could do to improve our course; and
- complete a 15-minute, one-on-one consultation with one of our mentors.
Once you have submitted the materials and are deemed eligible, all refunds are within Social Media College’s sole discretion as to whether to grant or deny the refund request.
We will not provide a refund more than 60 days following the date of Enrolment. After day 60, all payments are non-refundable and you are responsible for full payment of the fees for the program regardless of whether you complete the Course.
We understand that sometimes unexpected events occur that prevent our students from completing the remainder of the course, such as a family or medical emergency.
We will consider requests for course transfers/refunds in extenuating circumstances on a case-by-case basis. We may request sufficient evidentiary proof to verify your request.
In its sole discretion, Social Media College may decide the appropriate resolution, such as:
- a partial or full refund of the Course Fees;
- transfer to another Course; and/or
- transfer to a future intake of the same Course.
Social Media College Responsibilities
Social Media College has a responsibility to you to provide you with a Course that will assist you as much as possible to improve your skills and advance your career.
Social Media College agrees to provide the following:
- a tax invoice;
- login details to access online Course Materials;
- access to a Facebook Group where you can interact and engage with other students;
- feedback on submitted assessment tasks where applicable; and
- upon satisfactory completion of the course, issue a certificate of completion;
In order to achieve results from our courses, we need you to do the work and take the actions we recommend. We expect you to put in the effort and be a serious student.
As a Social Media College student, you agree to:
- accept these Terms and Conditions;
- submit an enrolment form and pay the Course Fee (or deposit where applicable);
- ensure that all information provided by you to Social Media College is accurate;
- notify Social Media College of any contact changes (email, telephone, address etc);
- advise Social Media College of any difficulties or problems experienced by you with Social Media College staff, procedures or training as soon as possible or within a reasonable time of an event or incident occurring;
- participate in your Course cooperatively and courteously and not disrupt other students;
- complete any Course activities and assessments;
- speak directly with your Course trainers for all matters relating to Course, Course Materials, activities and assessments;
- take responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output; and
- not submit or claim as your own, work derived from other sources or work completed by another person.
Courses undertaken directly with Social Media College require a minimum level of accessibility, including:
- A stable internet connection with speeds capable of conducting real-time online video conferencing;
- A laptop or desktop computer;
- Access to presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint or Google Slides; and
- The latest version of Zoom teleconferencing software; and
- The latest version of WhatsApp messaging apps.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the minimum accessibility requirements before Course Commencement.
Intellectual property within the Course Materials, logos and other information available on the Social Media College website is owned by Social Media College and subject to copyright. You may not copy, reproduce, modify or adapt any or all of the Course Materials and other items made available to you by Social Media College without the prior written consent of Social Media College.
Social Media College may include hyperlinks to 3rd party content or websites in the Course Materials to share additional content of interest on publicly accessible websites. In doing so, SMC do not intend to imply or create any endorsement, support or association with that 3rd party or their website, nor do we take responsibility for their content, or any privacy law compliance.
You must provide Social Media College with an email address which you use and check regularly. You agree that this will be the address used for all communications with Social Media College and that all notices and other information regarding the Course, the Social Media College website and other relevant information will be communicated to you by means of the email address provided. You must inform Social Media College as soon as possible of any change to your email address.
Your access to the Social Media College LMS and Course Materials will terminate within six months of your enrolment unless extended by Social Media College as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
Social Media College may terminate your access to the Course Materials if, in its reasonable opinion, you breach any of these Terms and Conditions, and if the breach can be remedied and Social Media College is notified of the breach within 7 days, access to Course Materials will not be terminated.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
Social Media College does not claim, represent or warrant that a Course or Course Materials are suitable for your purposes or are error free. The Courses and Course Materials are intended to be a learning aid only and are not intended to be a substitute for your own study and completion of activities and assessments.
All content provided by Social Media College, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Social Media College, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis.
To the extent permitted by law, Social Media College:
- excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law) including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy;
- does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of any aspect of the Courses or Course Materials;
- while endeavouring to ensure that all content provided in the Course is correct at the time of publication, does not accept responsibility for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the Course and Course Materials; and
- does not warrant that Courses will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Course will be free of viruses or bugs.
These Terms and Conditions:
- replace all previous representations, arrangements, understanding and agreements between you and Social Media College;
- apply to any student who has purchased the Course through an authorised reseller of Social Media College;
- consist of the entire agreement between you and Social Media College; and
- are governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia.
You and Social Media College agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
If any of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which they are intended to be effective, then, to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
You may not transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any other person. Social Media College may transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions to another business.
Vouchers, Discount Codes & Promotions
Social Media College reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions of a promotion at any time and change the validity of voucher codes at any time in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
The requirements of any promotion must be fulfilled within the specified expiry date otherwise Social Media College reserves the right to withhold or withdraw a voucher, discount or promotion.
Payments processed during a promotional period, with a discount code or a voucher, are non-refundable and may only be transferable to appropriate course credits or alternatives upon the written approval of Social Media College’s management.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, please contact Social Media College:
Connected Colleges Pty Ltd trading as Social Media College
ABN 42 602 508 798
Level 21, 60 Margaret St
Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia
Tel: 02 8001 6287
LEARN how to earn AT LEAST $10,000 per month within 3 months... using social media marketing
Actionable strategies that will accelerate your business and career