TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Social Media Marketing Intensive
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The below terms and conditions do not apply to social media team training. For SMC social media team training T&C's, please click here.
In these Terms and Conditions:
- Program means the Social Media Marketing Intensive Program provided by Social Media College that includes both a Course and Platform Subscription.
- Course means to the 9-week online course completed at the beginning of the Program and excludes:
- Online self-paced short courses;
- Face-to-face workshops; or
- Virtual workshops.
- Live Session means the weekly 2-hour live video meeting with other learners doing the Course.
- Platform means Social Media College’s online learning platform.
- Platform Subscription means the 12-month subscription to Social Media College’s online learning platform.
- Us and We mean Connected Colleges Pty Ltd trading as Social Media College; and
- You means a student of Social Media College.
- govern the agreement between you and Social Media College in relation to your enrolment in the Program provided by Social Media College; and
- set out the terms upon which Social Media College will provide you with an extension, transfer or refund in relation to the Program.
We may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time by reviewing, revising or amending them. If we change these Terms and Conditions, we will provide you with notice of the change and access to the changed Terms and Conditions.
Program Fee and Payment
You agree to pay the fees for the Program (Program Fee) using the payment method you select. You accept that you are liable to pay the full amount of the Program Fee even if you do not complete the Course.
If you are under 18:
- You represent and agree that you possess the legal consent of your parent or guardian to sign up to a Program provided by Social Media College; and
- You accept that your parent/guardian is responsible for the payment of the Program Fee.
The Program Fee is in Australian dollars. Australian individuals and organisations are required to pay an additional 10% GST. We reserve the right to change the Program Fee at any time.
You may pay the Program Fee using a MasterCard, Visa, or American Express, or by bank transfer if approved by Social Media College. Where a credit card is used, we reserve the right to charge a small surcharge.
If the credit or debit card is not issued in your name, you must have the permission of the cardholder to use their card to pay the Program Fee.
When your payment is confirmed, the Program Fee (minus any discounts or credit applied), will be deducted from your credit or debit card. A tax invoice will be issued within 24 hours to your nominated email address.
If you enter into an Instalment Plan with Social Media College, you agree to make payments on time using your preferred payment method.
The due date for your Instalment Plan payments will not change even if you are approved by Social Media College for a Program extension or transfer to a future intake of the Course.
Where a scheduled instalment payment is rejected or not received, and until such time as the Program Fee is paid in full, Social Media College reserves the right to:
- deduct additional dishonour fees from your account;
- suspend access to the Platform;
- withhold your certificate of completion; and/or
- pursue collection of the remainder of the Program Fee with a credit collection agency.
Zip Money is a third-party credit provider. Credit is provided by Zip Money Payments Pty Ltd (ABN 58 164 440 993, Australian Credit Licence Number 441878). Zip Money is available to approved Australian residents only. If you elect to use Zip Money, you agree to be bound by their Terms and Conditions, which are available from them on application.
Program Admission and Schedule
Program Admission refers to the date you agree to sign up and:
- make payment of the Program Fee in full;
- make payment of the first instalment of the Program Fee; or
- signed a binding agreement with Zip Money (see above).
Social Media College will provide confirmation of the Program Admission within 24 hours.
After Program Admission, you agree that you are liable to pay the full Program Fee even, regardless of which payment option you choose, or whether or not you complete the Course or use the Platform Subscription.
Program Commencement refers to the date you first login to Social Media College online platform.
Program Completion Date refers to 1 year from the Program Commencement. It is your responsibility to ensure you complete the Program by the Program Completion Date.
Cooling Off Period
There is a cooling off period of 3 calendar days from the day you sign-up (Cooling Off Period). If you cancel within the Cooling Off Period, then you will receive a full refund of the Program Fee.
You will not be eligible for a refund within the Cooling Off Period if you have:
- attended more than 75% of a Live Session; or
- downloaded, viewed or accessed more than 5% of the Course content.
Once the Cooling Off Period has passed, you are liable to pay the full Program Fee, regardless of whether you complete the Course or use the Platform Subscription.
Please note that the amount refunded will be less credit card processing fees paid by SMC at the time of your enrolment.
Social Media College may grant you an extension up to a maximum of three months from the Program Completion Date where:
- You complete the Program extension request form outlining why an extension is required;
- You provide sufficient evidentiary proof upon request from Social Media College; and
- You complete a one-on-one call if requested by Social Media College.
You may transfer to a different intake of the Course, subject to the following conditions:
- You apply for a transfer within seven (7) days of Program Commencement;
- The transfer is into an intake that is no more than two (2) months from Program Commencement;
- Your transfer is approved by Social Media College; and
- You transfer from a Course once only, or pay a $500 transfer fee for all subsequent transfers.
Approved Course transfers are subject to availability within your preferred Course intake.
The Program is for personal use only. You must not transfer your Program access to anyone else and you are solely responsible for all use associated with your Platform account, regardless of whether you have authorised access. You must notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use or access of your Platform account.
We understand that sometimes unexpected events occur that prevent our students from completing the remainder of the Course, such as a family or medical emergency.
Social Media College will consider requests for extenuating circumstances on a case-by-case basis. We may request sufficient evidentiary proof to verify any such application.
In its sole discretion, Social Media College may decide the appropriate resolution, such as:
- a partial or full refund of the Course Fees;
- transfer to another Course; and/or
- extension of the time to complete the Course.
We are up-front and transparent about what is contained within the Course and Platform Subscription and the time commitment required. We also provide a 3-day Cooling Off Period to ensure you’re 100% happy with your decision to sign up to the Program. Given this, we will not provide a refund for requests based on:
- change of mind;
- travel requirements;
- business, work, or family workload; or
- inability to meet the minimum accessibility requirements (see below).
Money Back Guarantee
The Social Media Marketing Intensive Program is a high quality, practical Course, combined with 12 months’ support to help you implement what you’ve learnt and receive ongoing support. We’re very confident in its ability to improve your career and/or business’ performance.
We invest a huge amount to develop and maintain the Course and provided services included in the Platform Subscription. However, if you do not invest the time and energy and take the necessary action, it is unlikely you will see the results. Therefore, we expect you to work hard and persevere through challenges that you may encounter.
However, if you’re not completely satisfied with your Course, we offer a Money Back Guarantee. To be eligible you’ll need to:
- provide proof that you have completed 100% of the Course, including all Course content and Live Sessions (whether live online, or watching on replay);
- complete a detailed survey about what aspects of the Course you were not satisfied with and what we could do to improve our course; and
- complete a 15-minute, one-on-one call if requested by Social Media College.
If you have not completed the Course, Social Media College will not approve a full or partial refund under the Money Back Guarantee.
Once you are deemed eligible for a refund under the Money Back Guarantee:
- your refund will be issued within 14 days;
- your access to the Platform will be removed; and
- your Certificate of Completion and digital credential will be revoked.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, Social Media College will not provide a refund more than 365 days following the date of Program Commencement. After day 365, all payments are non-refundable and you are responsible for full payment of the Program Fees regardless of whether you complete the Course or use the Platform Subscription.
Course Materials refers to the content, activities, templates, and other resources provided to you to complete the Course.
All Course Materials are supplied electronically unless otherwise stated in the Course description. You can access them via the Platform. Login details will be provided upon Program Admission.
The Platform is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, except during occasional periods of scheduled maintenance. In the event that the Platform becomes unavailable, Course Materials will be delivered to you by Social Media College using another means of delivery.
Enrolment in the Course includes weekly Live Sessions on Zoom, hosted by a Social Media College facilitator.
We expect you to:
- watch the relevant Course videos before the live sessions commence;
- if possible, have your video camera turned on; and
- participate and contribute to activities.
We strongly encourage you to attend all Live Sessions, however we understand this is not always possible. For this reason, recordings will be made available the following day.
We expect our students to act in a professional, friendly manner. We take a zero-tolerance approach to:
- consistently inappropriate language;
- disparagement of Social Media College; or
- harassment or bullying our Social Media College facilitators, mentors, coaches, as well as other learners.
Social Media College may, in its sole discretion, remove access to Live Sessions where your behaviour is deemed inappropriate and is causing a negative impact on the experience of the other students in the Course.
Where this occurs, no refund is payable to you, and you are required to complete the Course asynchronously by watching the Live Session recordings.
From the date of Program Admission until the Program Completion Date (1 year), you will have access to the Platform.
This includes all Course content, group coaching calls, community benefits, industry certifications and other helpful resources.
Social Media College Responsibilities
Social Media College has a responsibility to you to provide you with a Course and Platform Subscription that will assist you as much as possible to improve your skills, improving your organisation’s performance and advancing your career.
Social Media College agrees to provide the following:
- a tax invoice;
- login details to access the Platform;
- ongoing access to the Platform for 1 year;
- Social Media Marketing Intensive Course content and 9 weeks of Live Sessions;
- feedback on submitted assessment tasks; and
- a certificate of completion upon completion of the Course.
To achieve results from the Course, we need you to work hard and take the actions we recommend. We expect you to put in the effort and be a serious learner.
As a Social Media College student, you agree to:
- accept these Terms and Conditions;
- pay the Program Fee in full or by instalments;
- ensure that all information provided by you to Social Media College is accurate;
- notify Social Media College of any contact changes (email, telephone, address etc);
- advise Social Media College of any difficulties or problems experienced by you with Social Media College staff, procedures or training as soon as possible or within a reasonable time of an event or incident occurring;
- participate in your Course cooperatively and courteously and not disrupt other students;
- complete any Course activities and assessments;
- take responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output; and
- not submit or claim as your own, work derived from other sources or work completed by another person.
The Program requires a minimum level of accessibility, including:
- A stable internet connection with speeds capable of conducting real-time online video conferencing;
- A laptop or desktop computer;
- Access to presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint or Google Slides; and
- The latest version of Zoom teleconferencing software; and
- The latest version of WhatsApp messaging apps.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the minimum accessibility requirements before Program Commencement.
Intellectual property within the Course Materials, logos and other information available on the Social Media College website is owned by Social Media College and subject to copyright. You may not copy, reproduce, modify or adapt any or all of the Course Materials and other items made available to you by Social Media College without the prior written consent of Social Media College.
Social Media College may include hyperlinks to 3rd party content or websites in the Course Materials to share additional content of interest on publicly accessible websites. In doing so, Social Media College do not intend to imply or create any endorsement, support or association with that 3rd party or their website, nor do we take responsibility for their content, or any privacy law compliance.
You must provide Social Media College with an email address which you use and check regularly. You agree that this will be the address used for all communications with Social Media College and that all notices and other information regarding the Course, the Social Media College website and other relevant information will be communicated to you by means of the email address provided. You must inform Social Media College as soon as possible of any change to your email address.
Your access to the Platform will cease on the Program Completion Date unless extended by Social Media College as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
Social Media College may terminate your access to the Platform if, in its reasonable opinion, you breach any of these Terms and Conditions. If the breach can be remedied and Social Media College is notified within 7 days, access will not be terminated.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
Social Media College does not claim, represent, or warrant that a Course or Course Materials are suitable for your purposes or are error free. The Courses and Course Materials are intended to be a learning aid only and are not intended to be a substitute for your own study and completion of activities and assessments.
All content provided by Social Media College, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Social Media College, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis.
To the extent permitted by law, Social Media College:
- excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law) including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy;
- does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of any aspect of the Courses or Course Materials;
- while endeavouring to ensure that all content provided in the Course is correct at the time of publication, does not accept responsibility for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the Course and Course Materials; and
- does not warrant that Courses will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Course will be free of viruses or bugs.
Social Media College reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions of a promotion at any time. The requirements of any promotion must be fulfilled within the specified expiry date otherwise Social Media College reserves the right to withhold the discount or promotion. Payments processed during a promotional period are non-refundable.
These Terms and Conditions:
- replace all previous representations, arrangements, understanding and agreements between you and Social Media College;
- apply to any student who has purchased the Course through an authorised reseller of Social Media College;
- consist of the entire agreement between you and Social Media College; and
- are governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia.
You and Social Media College agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
If any of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which they are intended to be effective, then, to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
You may not transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any other person. Social Media College may transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions to another business.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, please contact Social Media College:
Connected Colleges Pty Ltd trading as Social Media College
ABN 42 602 508 798
Level 21, 60 Margaret St
Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia
Tel: 02 8001 6287
How to Grow a Business from $0 to $100K per month in 12 months or less
Actionable strategies that will accelerate your business and career