Ask and you shall receive! Sure it's taken us nearly a decade to get this, but better late than never!Instagram has FINALLY released an update that will allow businesses and creators to add multiple links to their page bio. 5 links to be exact.A statement from Instagram read:“Starting today, the update will make it easier for creators and other users to highlight their passions, bring awareness to causes they care about, promote brands they love, showcase their personal business, and more.”Mark Zuckerberg even announced via an Instagram Story that this is by far one of the most requested features they've ever had - which makes us wonder why it took so long to launch...?
What Does This Update Mean for Businesses?
For businesses, this update is a game-changer. It means that they can now showcase more of their products or services, promote more of their content, and provide more value to their followers. By having the ability to include up to five links in their bio, businesses can now create a more comprehensive profile that showcases all that they have to offer.Here are some ways businesses can take advantage of this new feature:
- Showcase Multiple Products: If your business has multiple products, you can now include a link to each product in your bio. This makes it easier for your followers to browse your products and find what they're looking for.
- Promote Special Offers: If you're running a promotion or sale, you can include a link to the promotion in your bio. This will help drive traffic to the promotion and increase conversions.
- Share Social Proof: If your business has been featured in the media or has received positive reviews, you can include links to those reviews in your bio. This will help build trust with your followers and show them that your business is credible.
- Promote Your Blog: If your business has a blog, you can include a link to your blog in your bio. This will help drive traffic to your blog and increase your readership.
- Link to Your Other Social Media Accounts: If your business is active on other social media platforms, you can include links to those platforms in your bio. This will help your followers find you on other platforms and increase your overall reach.
How to Add Multiple Links to Your Instagram Bio
Adding multiple links to your Instagram bio is a simple process. Here's how you can do it:Head to ‘Edit profile’ > ‘Links’ > ‘Add external link’. From there, you can drag and drop to order your links as you’d like them to appear in the app.
So what does this mean? Well firstly, there is no doubt this is bad news for third-party link grouping apps such as LinkTree. In saying that, a majority of the third parties have spent the last few years making their service super customisable while also offering a range of analytics. While the Instagram multiple link offering is still very new, it has a long way to go in the way of looking visually pleasing and matching the brand of the user.Is this enough to see people that with external platforms? Time will tell!For now, this feature should be available world-wide for all accounts.